Will the shipping company hook up the ice maker on my fridge or the gas line on my stove?
Our delivery personnel are handy, but they’re not authorized to connect water lines or install appliances. In order to maintain the warranty, a plumber or handyman should connect the waterline and an electrician should install the range and hood.
Will the refrigerator fit through my door?
Will the refrigerator fit through my door? Check out our fridge specifications page to see all measurements. As a last resort, some fridge doors can be removed. However, our bottom mount freezers cannot have the door removed. Please measure carefully.
What is the warranty on your appliances?
Big Chill stoves, fridges, hoods, wall ovens and microwaves have a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Read Warranty
Where is the ice maker located in the fridge?
The ice maker is an interior option. We’re able to keep the vintage look outside and give you the modern amenities inside!
Where is Big Chill available?
Currently, we are only able to warranty our fridges, microwaves, stoves and dishwashers in the Contiguous/Lower 48 United States and metropolitan areas of Canada. We occasionally sell the product outside of these areas, but we don’t cover warranty or repair outside our shipping boundaries.
Do you offer custom colors for your vintage appliances?
Yes! We now offer a wide variety of custom RAL colors with our fridges, microwaves, dishwashers, stoves, hoods and wall ovens. Check out our custom colors page for the details.
What do I measure before I place an order and what type of delivery do I need?
Please watch this video to learn how to measure the space your appliance will go in before you place an order. Also, download this helpful guide to figure out if you need inside or curbside delivery – plus, a place where you can write down your measurements.
What is the difference between a Curbside and an Inside delivery?
A Curbside delivery is typically delivered to the streetside edge of your property. You are responsible for uncrating the appliance and getting it in your house. With a Curbside delivery, grab a tool set and a few of your strongest friends. The shipping weight for full-sized fridges is typically 300-500 lbs, and the shipping weight for ranges is typically 400-600 lbs. With an Inside delivery, a delivery team will uncrate your appliance, bring it into your kitchen, remove all packaging and take the debris with them. Stairs and door removal are extra charges.
Who makes the internal components of your Big Chill appliances?
We use big name components with our appliances. Give us a call for the details.
What are the advantages of the powder coat paint you use?
Powder coating gives customers the longest-lasting, and most color-durable quality finish available. Powder coated surfaces are more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading, and wearing than other finishes. Colors stay bright and vibrant longer. Powder coating is also highly protective of our environment. While liquid finishes contain solvents which have pollutants known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs), powder coating contains no solvents and releases negligible amounts, if any, of VOCs into the atmosphere. Thus, there is no longer a need for finishers to buy costly pollution control equipment. In addition, most powder coating overspray that does not adhere to the part can be retrieved and reused, virtually eliminating the waste commonly found in liquid finishing processes.
What is your cancellation and return policy?
- Customers have 48 hours after receiving their order confirmation email to correct, amend or cancel an order without penalty. (Note: order confirmation email is typically sent 1-3 business days after placing an order, once our team has had time to review an order.) Additional changes can be made for 10 days for a fee of $100 per change. No changes can be made after 10 days.
- After the 48 hours, orders in standard colors can be canceled for a 20% fee. Orders with custom and premium colors cannot be canceled.
- Like new appliances (in box, uninstalled) in standard colors can be returned within 10 days for a 20% restocking fee plus return shipping. Orders with custom and premium colors cannot be returned.
- In the unlikely event that you receive a product that’s been damaged in transit or is defective, please contact us on receipt. In order to receive a repair, refund or replacement, we ask that you notify us within 24 hours of receiving your product. Items sent via curbside delivery must show proof (curbside pictures) of curbside damage to be eligible for a repair.
How can I see an exact color sample?
You’ve got 2 options.
- All of our appliance retailers have color samples on display.
- Color samples can be ordered online under the "Shop by Appliance" drop down on the homepage and clicking on "Color Samples."
Are your fridge and dishwasher doors metal or plastic?
METAL, of course. Our steel doors are fabricated using a traditional stamping process… just like they did back in the ’50s.