The post-war era marked the peak of “traditional Americana”. We know all about the 1950s homemaker stereotype. Hair perfectly coiffed, dress perfectly pleated, and always ready to pull a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies from the oven.
Love it or hate it, the meme continues. But was it really like that? Without further ado, here are 10 vintage-inspired fridge magnets featuring retro homemaking that caught our eye.
10. Raise your hand if you've done this
9. But you still need a fridge for the take out...
8. Yup, you heard it here first. Don’t you dare rearrange those produce drawers. Don’t you realize fitting sixteen bags of groceries into one refrigerator is an art form not to be disturbed?!
7. We do find ice cream though. Which is about the same as happiness.
6. We’ve never been this happy unpacking groceries…tell us the secret!
5. Or maybe “I’m lactose intolerant but eat ice cream anyway”
3. What if we did dress up to sort laundry?
2. Forget iPhones – check out this pink winner!
1. Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is.