One Big Chill Appliance Owner/ Interior Designer will be awarded with recognition of Big Chill’s Best Interior Design. To become eligible for selection, complete and submit all requirements listed below, online at www.bigchill.com. Deadline for entries is August 31st, 2017. The winner will be informed no later than October 15th, 2017.
NO PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ENTRANTS MUST BE THE OWNER OF A MAJOR BIG CHILL APPLIANCE OR A PROFESSIONAL DESIGNER, ARCHITECT, BUILDER, REMODELER OR KITCHEN DEALER (I.E., PERSONS WHO ARE PAID FOR RESIDENTIAL DESIGN SERVICES) SUBMITTING WITH PREMISSION FROM THE OWNER OF THE BIG CHILL PRODUCTS USED IN THE DESIGN(THE HOME OWNER). ENTRANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND MUST MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA SET FORTH BELOW.
1. SPONSOR: The Big Chill Design Contest (the "Contest") is sponsored by Big Chill L.L.C. (the "Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open to individual legal residents of the United States, who are Big Chill appliance owners or are professional designers, architects, builders, remodelers and kitchen dealers (i.e., persons who are paid for residential design services) that are submitting a Big Chill Kitchen Design(i.e., a design that includes a major Big Chill product) with permission of the home owner. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Big Chill, LLC. (Sponsor), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each such individuals (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the period preceding the start date of the Contest) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited. There is no disqualification of entry based off of completion date of project.
3. CONTEST PERIOD/DEADLINE: The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on August 1st, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm. Eastern Standard Time on August 31st, 2017 (the "Contest Period"). No entries will be received before or after the start and end of the Contest Period.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The design entry can be any style kitchen or space. A minimum of one Big Chill cooking or refrigeration appliance is required. Ranges, ovens, cooktops, and refrigerators of any size meet this requirement. Big Chill ventilation, dishwasher/dishwasher panels, and microwaves do not fill this requirement and are not required to be considered for the contest.
5. PRIZES: There will be One Grand Prize Winner selected from all of the entries based on best use of Big Chill appliances in their design which includes overall visual appeal, creativity and strong elements and principles of design. A secondary winner will also be selected at random based solely off of their eligible submission in to the contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive any Big Chill Appliance of their choice. The appliance must be selected within the next 12 months following the announcement of the winner. Shipping cost is to be covered by the Big Chill Design Contest Winner. The secondary winner will receive a retro Big Chill Microwave in any of the 8 standard colors of their choosing.
6. HOW TO ENTER: ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT ONLINE WITH BIG CHILL – Internet Registration Part of Contest: Go to www.bigchill.com to fill in and submit the entrant registration and entry form to become eligible to win the grand and secondary prizes. Entrants must correctly, truthfully and fully answer all questions on the registration form in order to be eligible to win any Contest prizes. Entrants will receive a registration confirmation email in connection with their valid registration and entry. Entrants may submit multiple designs to the contest. Entrants will be asked to submit the following required material for each submission: Name of Project, Project Location, High Resolution photos, and Description of Design. Please submit a minimum of two color photographs of the completed design. It is encouraged to provide additional shots and "before" and "after" if possible. Photographs must be owned and taken by or on behalf of the Entrant, must not infringe upon any third party’s intellectual property rights (e.g., the photos may not have been previously published in a magazine or other copyrighted work in which the Entrant did not retain copyright in the photos, and if the Entrant did not take the photos, the Entrant must have the written consent of the photographer and the homeowner to submit the photos in the Contest), and the photo must clearly depict one or more Big Chill appliances. SUBMISSION BY AN ENTRANT OF A PHOTOGRAPH CONSTITUTES THE ENTRANT’S AFFIRMATION, REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY TO THE SPONSOR THAT: (A) THE DESIGN DEPICTED IN THE PHOTOGRAPH IS THE ENTRANT’S SOLE, EXCLUSIVE AND ORIGINAL CREATIVE WORK AND THERE EXISTS NO CLAIM IN AND TO THE DESIGN BY ANOTHER PERSON; (B) THE ENTRANT HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR LICENSED THE PHOTOGRAPH TO ANY OTHER PERSON, AND (C) SUBMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPH AND/OR DESIGN TO THE SPONSOR AND USE BY THE SPONSOR OF THE PHOTOGRAPH AND/OR DESIGN DOES NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY OTHER PERSON’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF THE HOMEOWNER. THE ENTRANT WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD THE SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. Photographs that are submitted must be in a JPEG format. Multiple photo entries by the same entrant are permitted. No correspondence or contact other than that specified in these Official Rules will be accepted as an entry in the Contest. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. Entrants retain all ownership rights to their submitted photographs except for the license granted to the Sponsor described below. Within 14 days of the date of notification to the winners, the Winner shall execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release. Failure to comply with this requirement will cause the prize(s) to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s consent that the Sponsor may use the winner’s name, likeness, image, voice, photographs, biographical information and address (city and state), and written statements made by the winner about the Contest and Sponsor, for promotional purposes, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, and without monetary payment or additional consideration. If a prize notification e-mail is returned or deemed undeliverable, or if the winner is found to be ineligible or fails to comply with these Official Rules, the Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, that the winner has forfeited the prize and an alternate winner of that prize will be selected from eligible entries for the prize.
7. TRANSFERABILITY/TAXES: All prizes are non-transferable and are not exchangeable for cash; provided, however, that the Sponsor may in its discretion offer winners the option of receiving a cash prize substitute of lesser or equal value. All prize winners will be solely responsible for all taxes (federal, state and/or local) and any and all expenses not specified related to acceptance and use of the prize.
8. CONDITIONS: The Sponsor is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of, or failure of the Sponsor to receive entry information on account of human or technical problems in any combination thereof. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Contest in its entirety if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By entering: (a) Entrants agree to these Official Rules, the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules; (b) Entrants release the Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, vendors, and such persons’ directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses, costs or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prizes; and (c) ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SPONSOR AND OTHER RELEASED ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS HAVE NEITHER MADE, NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION, OR FITNESS, EXCEPT FOR ANY STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY OFFERED BY ANY MANUFACTURER OF THE NON-CASH PRIZES. The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning any prize if in its sole discretion it determines that the entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Sponsor’s agents or representatives. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SPONSOR OR SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. USE OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION/PHOTOS: By completing the Contest’s Internet Registration forms, the entrant grants the Sponsor the right to use the information provided on the forms, and to contact the entrant by e-mail, telephone, mail, certified mail or fax. By submitting photographs in connection with the Contest, each such Entrant grants the Sponsor a non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, print, publish, disseminate and publicly display the submitted photograph in connection with the promotion, marketing and sale of the Sponsor’s products. Such license shall be perpetual, worldwide, transferable and royalty-free.
10. GOVERNING LAW JURISDICTION: This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of Colorado, with venue in Boulder County, Colorado, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Boulder County, Colorado or in a neighboring county of Boulder County, Colorado.